An outbreak that started to spread gradually in Wuhan China. It is believed that the spread started from a meat market eventually drastically pocketing the whole wide world. Effecting millions of people all around the globe.
The name “Corona” is evolved from a Latin word “halo” which means “crown”. It has a crown-like projections all over as a result it is named as Coronavirus.
Coronavirus is a type of scary virus that is found in animals and causes COVID-19. However, according to the latest research, the virus can transmit from person to person. It can transmit through droplets of cough or sneeze of an infected person. This virus can cause severe respiratory disorders in humans. Public health organizations such as WHO are monitoring the widespread of the pandemic and suggesting ways to prevent from it on their official websites.
- 1 1) What are the Symptoms of Coronavirus?
- 2 2) What Precautionary Steps Can be taken to Avoid the Virus?
- 3 3) What Treatment Can be given to COVID-19 Patients?
- 4 4) What self-care Should be Taken?
- 5 5) How long does the Virus Stays on Various Surfaces?
- 6 6) How Can You Keep Yourself Safe from Coronavirus?
- 7 7) How to do a Quick Self-Check?
- 8 Conclusion:
The symptoms of COVID-19 occur after fourteen days of exposure to the virus. This period is considered to be the incubation period of the virus in a person’s body. The symptoms vary from person to person. People who have a weak immune system are more likely to show severe symptoms. Therefore, it is said to be more dangerous for elderly people, children, and people with any autoimmune disorders as diabetes.
Few common symptoms are:
1.1) Other Symptoms Include:
2) What Precautionary Steps Can be taken to Avoid the Virus?
- People should practice social distancing. While going out for any reason, they should make sure that they have at least six meters of distance between each other.
- Avoid coughing in the open air or your hand. This is more likely to spread the deadly virus. Always sneeze or cough on your elbow or upper sleeve to ensure that germs should not unfurl all around. You can use a tissue as well but, it is very important to throw the tissue once used after sneezing or coughing.
- Make sure, you wash your hands often for at least twenty seconds, especially after using the bathroom, coughing, or sneezing and before eating. Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, or ears as if your hand will be contaminated with the virus, it can easily enter your body through your eyes, nose, ear upon touching them.
- Use 60 percent alcohol-based sanitizer to disinfect your hands properly.
- Always cover your face with a mask and gloves in public places. After returning, make sure to discard the mask and gloves properly in the dustbin. Avoid touching the mask.
- Do not visit the doctor if you have mild sickness, unless you witness severe symptoms
3) What Treatment Can be given to COVID-19 Patients?
So far, there is no treatment for Coronavirus. Preventive measures are recommended by the health officials to keep safe and secure. There is no vaccine yet introduced for this life-threatening virus. Additionally, it is strictly recommended, not to take any medicine unless prescribed by your family doctor. As in the case of ordinary cough and flu, it is suggested to take plenty of fluids along with maximum rest. The same is endorsed in the case of Coronavirus.
4) What self-care Should be Taken?
If you feel sick, make sure to remain at home. Take maximum rest with plenty of fluids ingestion and try to maintain a nutritious diet. Do not share your personal belongings such as towels, teeth-brush, hair-brush, glass, plates, etc. The surfaces, which are touched frequently at home, should be disinfected regularly to make sure your home is virus-free.
Try to do exercise regularly to keep fit and active. You can stay in touch with your loved ones through different media like Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. This connection with your kith and kin will never make you feel bore.
5) How long does the Virus Stays on Various Surfaces?
Coronavirus stays alive on different surfaces for hours or even days. For example:
- Metal: It survives approximately 5 days on metallic surfaces such as cupboard and doorknobs, jewelry, watch, etc.
- Wood: It can live for 4 days on surfaces made from wood like household furniture.
- Plastic: It can survive on plastic surfaces such as handbags, containers and many more for 2 to 3 days
- Steel: This virus can stay alive on steel surfaces like pots, pan, and cutlery for 2 to 3 days.
- Copper: It can live for a few hours on surfaces made up of copper such as kettles.
- Glass: It can survive up to 5 days on things made up of glass-like windowpane, crockery, etc.
- Food: Coronavirus does not spread from food items. However, it is recommended to wash fruits and vegetables properly under running water.
To keep yourself safe from Coronavirus, disinfect the following surfaces at home regularly. Sometimes, it does not show any symptoms and such a person is said to be asymptomatic. Therefore, it is essential to do so. The surfaces include:
- Door handles
- Television remote
7) How to do a Quick Self-Check?
A very quick self-check can be done in such a way that when you wake up in the morning, hold your breath for approximately 10 seconds. If you can do so, it means your lungs are not infected. Whereas, if you failed to do so, it shows your lungs might be infected.
Coronavirus is a life-threatening virus that affects your lungs. People with weak immune systems are more prone to it. As a result, it is said not to go outside unnecessarily. Since there is no treatment for it, the only cure is to keep yourself safe from the virus by disinfecting surfaces at home, washing hands, using sanitizers, sneezing and coughing in your upper sleeve, etc. Read More